Monday, February 7, 2022

First blog post

 

Hello welcome to my blog! 

Within our first two weeks of class we got to introduce ourselves to our peers. We got to get to know each other as classmates and individuals. Although we are on zoom, it did not stop us from getting to know each other personally and in my opinion, it felt as if we were physically in the classroom. On zoom we got to go over what we are going to be learning in class, how to use eclass and our assignments that were due. What I really enjoyed doing was creating a Bitmoji classroom! I have experience with Bitmoji prior to starting this class because I was a substitute teachers aide in a kindergarten classroom and the teacher showed me how to use it but within this past week, I was really able to advance my skills and explore ways on how to make my Bitmoji classrooms better and more appealing. This past week, I was able to step out of my comfort zone and I used a new tool that can be very beneficial when I become a teacher in the future. To introduce myself I used the tool called Moovly. I was a little bit stuck when I first started using it because I have never used a tool like this before. I have experience with tools known as Google Docs, Edpuzzle, Google Slides, Flipgrid, etc; but not with Moovly. Moovly is a tool that allows you to make a video that involves pictures and voice overs but it was hard for me to figure out on how to get a background and how to insert my pictures. I was able to solve my problems by just simply watching the tutorial. I really enjoyed using Moovly because I liked how I was able to use a voice over to explain my work and I believe that others would like it too, especially if they get nervous in front of their peers! Overall, I will definitely use Moovly in my classroom because it was easy to navigate and easy to learn how to make your video. I plan on using Moovly in my classroom for presentations because it allows you to make your work fun and it was really easy to use!


I am really excited for this class and I cannot wait to learn on how to be a successful Social Studies teacher! 😀 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 13 is about Geography!

  Geography is a very important topic to teach to students.  While learning geography, students will learn about the surface of earth and ph...