Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Creating your own country

 Hi! Today we are going to be talking about the Creating Your Own project! I would like to start off by saying how much I enjoyed this project! I thought that it was really fun because it allowed you to create your own country and personalize it however you'd like to. This project really allows the children to use their imagination and their skills while creating their own country. One of the things that stood out to me was how the Teacher's notes was really well written and it perfectly explained how to do the project. The project had a clear list of the required elements that were needed on the country map which will allow the students to know exactly what needs to be on their map. I also really liked how there was a scenario in the very beginning of the assignment. I thought that the scenario was really cool because it really got me engaged and interested in the assignment. The scenario was, " You have been shipwrecked on a desert island. You and the other members of your ship will have to begin from scratch and develop your own country." I got really excited because I love to use my imagination and I bet that other students do too! Next, there was a template for a flag which allows the students to get an idea of what the flag has to look like. Above the flag, there are directions on what has to be done after designing your own flag, which was to cut it out and glue it on the front of your folder. Then there was a rubric which will allow the students to have an idea of what exactly has to be done in order to successfully complete this project. The last slide of this project hads examples of other students examples which shows students how the project should be done. Overall, I really enjoyed looking over this project and I believe that students will be engaged and enjoy it because of how fun it is and because it allows them to use their imagination.  



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 13 is about Geography!

  Geography is a very important topic to teach to students.  While learning geography, students will learn about the surface of earth and ph...