Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Teaching Directly!

Good afternoon! Today on eclass, I watched a YouTube video of Direct Instruction at BDMS! Please keep reading to find out what I observed!😃

Today I watched Lauren, Barbara and Samantha teach their Direct lesson to the BDMS students! The lesson started off by an Anticipatory Set. There were pictures up on the board and one of the teachers ask what they think the pictures were of and what they have in common. The students did a great job answering that the pictures contained the red coats! One of the students did not really know what the pictures were of, but he made an educated guess. I really liked how they started off by asking them questions that required them to use their prior knowledge, which allowed them to determine what the children do know and what they don't know. After asking the questions, the teachers then stated what they are going to be teaching which was the American Revolution. I was really amazed on how much they knew prior to learning the lesson. I think that the teachers did a great job at being confident while teaching because that is very important. When the teachers would be speaking and a word came up that was very important, they would define the vocab word, which I thought was great and it allowed the students to better understand what they were saying and learning. Their slides were not too wordy which I thought was good and if there was a picture on the board, they would explain what the picture was of and what it meant. I was a little bit confused if the woman in the purple shirt was the actual teacher of the classroom or not. I felt that the woman in the purple shirt took over way too much and she did not give the other teachers to teach a good amount. The teachers were very educated on the topic that they were teaching and if a student had a question, they were able to answer it in detail! Overall, I thought that they did a great job teaching! 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 13 is about Geography!

  Geography is a very important topic to teach to students.  While learning geography, students will learn about the surface of earth and ph...