Thursday, April 21, 2022

Activities to teach Geography!

 Hello everyone! Today I learned a bunch of different activities I can use when I become a teacher! Keep on reading, and you can learn some activities you can use in your classroom when teaching Geography! 

                                                                   Adopt a webcam!

                                                               

The first activity that stood out to me and that I really liked was, idea 53. Idea 53 talks about the activity Adopt a webcam. With Adopt a webcam, you can visit a certain location as often as you would like to and it allows the students to become education on seasons. I think that this activity is a great way to teach geography because it allows the students to see that over time, seasons will change and that places will look different when it is a certain season! It will also show the students that places all the around the world can look differently during a certain season. For example, it can be winter near us and it can be cold and snowing, but such as California probably won't be experiencing the same things as we are. If I were a student, I would love this activity because I personally love when the seasons change. 

                                                                        Darts!

                                                                

The second activity that stood out to me was darts. I really liked the idea of incorporating this activity into the classroom because I think that it would be fun for the students, considering that it is a game. When creating this activity, you can create questions based on a given topic to quiz your students. I feel like this activity will be effective when teaching geography because it is fun and the kids will definitely want to participatešŸ˜€

                                                             A shower curtain
                                                                     

The last activity that I liked was the shower curtain! As you can see in the picture above, you and your students can create a map on a shower curtain! I really like this idea because this activity allows students to be creative and artistic! I think that they will really like this activity because because they can use markers and art supplies to be creative! This activity will also give students a little bit of break from sitting at their desks and doing independent work. 


If you would like to learn about more fun activities to teach geography, click the link below! 

Fun activities to teach geography!







                                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 13 is about Geography!

  Geography is a very important topic to teach to students.  While learning geography, students will learn about the surface of earth and ph...